In addition to receiving benefits such as crucial information through NWSC newsletters, access to member-only content on ISA’s website, inclusion in the online member directories of both NWSC and ISA, and substantial discounts on various resources and events, NWSC members also receive the following benefits:
- COMMUNITY: The most valued benefit of membership is being a part of a community that is 110 percent dedicated to helping sign companies succeed and thrive. Being a part of a community that fights hard for the sign industry is something worth taking pride in.
- ISA MEMBERSHIP: As a sign division member of NWSC, you are automatically a member of the International Sign Association, the largest and most prestigious organization serving the signage industry. And the best part – you do not pay extra dues to be a part of ISA.
- ADVOCACY: No other organization fights for your rights to serve your customers more than the Northwest Sign Council and ISA. ISA and NWSC fight each issue that impacts your customers, from prior restraint, to temporary signs, to free speech to lighting issues. Together we are a force to protect your business. Consider the recent successes:
- Fighting for appropriate licensing requirements in Washington and Oregon.
- Numerous position statements and research that are used continuously to fight for your rights.
- Last year ISA worked with more than 100 cities to help write their sign codes.
- Featured as the February 2016 Planning magazine cover story with the American Planning Association and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to present sign industry seminars at the national APA conference on the Reed vs. Gilbert Supreme Court case (even though APA had filed a brief in opposition to our position).
- CONNECTIONS: Your membership expands your business network to connect with all facets of the industry, including suppliers, distributors, local and national sign companies, graphic designers, and more. These connections are realized in many ways, including at the NWSC education/networking mixers, and at ISA International Sign Expo, the industry’s largest and most comprehensive event.
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT, EDUCATION & TRAINING: One of the biggest challenges facing the industry is the inability to recruit and maintain a quality workforce. NWSC and ISA have tackled this issue in a big and serious way, creating a unique digital badge program for vocational school and community college students that has already attracted hundreds of potential sign industry employees. ISA’s online career center is a comprehensive approach to discovering new talent and our popular online education program is creating unprecedented opportunities for effective and cost-effective training for your workers. An educated workforce is one of the most important factors in growing your business.
- RESOURCES: Use ISA’s research and studies to cultivate your customer base. Keep your employees and customers informed, educated, and engaged with white papers, reports, and studies on the latest technology, engineering, sustainability, ADA, and safety best practices. Additionally, NWSC provides a standardized engineering program for sign contractors in Washington and Oregon. Save on the actual engineering costs, have a faster review process since the jurisdiction has already approved the engineering, and you will be contributing to the credibility and reliability of your own company along with the association.
The bottom line is that as a member you are part of a larger industry that advocates tirelessly for you and your customers. That is, in a word, priceless.
NWSC Membership Application
NWSC Member logo downloads and guidelines for use